The SafeGuard DRM plugin enables access rights control of any page on your web site that is created by your online page editor.
Your DRM protected web pages can include all types of media and content, including live video streams.
Select web pages can have DRM protection applied by simply nominating their URL or a keyword common to their hyperlink in the plugin's settings page. For example nominating 'lesson' will add DRM protection to all pages that include that word, such as in https://your-site.com/lesson-physics-one/ enabling you to use one keyword to apply to a whole series of lessons.
SafeGuard DRM offers various options:
- Most secure DRM protected content ever conceived.
- Access by token for individuals to access specific pages.
- Lock access to a user's device/s to prevent sharing.
- Limit access by expiration date.
- Limit access by number of days since first use.
- Limit access by number of views.
- Limit access by OS/device type.
- Limit the number of computers/devices that can be used.
- Supported on Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Nothing shown by view-source or packet-sniffing.
- Nothing retrieved by web scrapers or search engines.
- Non-compliant browsers redirected to download ArtisBrowser.
- Unlike password protection, DRM tokens cannot be shared.
Typical Use Scenarios
SafeGuard DRM is most useful for managing access rights to paid subscriptions to watch tutorials online. It can also be used to restrict access to intellectual property such as corporate data, stocklists, formulas and recipes, making sure that only those who have been assigned access rights are the only ones that do.
How It Works
In a nutshell, your web page gets injected with HTML that embeds a hidden iFrame in which a SafeGuard Media script runs to manage access privilegs assigned to the token owned by the user. Each user is identified by their unique Computer ID so that once they submit their token, their access to the specified page will be granted automatically on return visits. Your DRM protected content can only be accessed by those that you specifically authorise.
SafeGuard DRM Control Panel
When your SafeGuard DRM account is setup, you can login here to set account preferences, view statistics and edit Token properties for each user. The nomination of which page to DRM and the creation of DRM Tokens is managed from your DRM plugin's settings page on your website.
SafeGuard DRM Pricing
An initial setup fee of $25 applies to all new accounts.
Free Trial for Evaluation
To evaluate the service prior to purchase, you can register a Demo account that will provide FREE use for 14-days.
Click to download the user-guide for SafeGuard DRM in PDF format.
For more info about the token process, see About DRM Tokens.
Click to download the plugin for SafeGuard DRM for WordPress.