Need to protect 1 ebook only
 New Topic    Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NewBook
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2022  Reply with Quote
I have looked at the different Safeguard solutions but still unclear as to what I should use to protect just one ebook which I plan to sell online. I need it to be safe from all copy and it should not be shared with others. What do you advise?

Admin
Forum Admin

Australia
41 Posts

If you have a website that uses WordPress then I recommend using SafeGuard WordPress with the Hits Plan and then you will be billed only for the times that your ebook is read online. If you password protect the ebook page then you can limit access to only the logged in users that you nominate. WordPress has many membership plugins that can used for this.

But if you do not have a website then use the SafeGuard Mail service which will display your ebook on a copy protected page that is not only protected by login but that login account can be locked to the users computer/s. The DRM used by SafeGuard Mail can also set expiration by calendar date, number of days or number of views since first use.
Go to Top of Page

NewBook
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Which option will be best for mobile phones?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Australia
41 Posts

Both SafeGuard Mail and SafeGuard WordPress are supported across all devices including Windows and Mac computers, and Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad) mobile phones.
Go to Top of Page

NewBook
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

In case a user defaults on payment or breaches copyright, can I cancel their subscription?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Australia
41 Posts

The DRM employed by SafeGuard Mail has immediate effect on any settings or permission changes. A user account can be deleted or simply suspended until such time that you approve.

With SafeGuard WordPress you would need to suspend or cancel the user's login in your Membership plugin settings.

The main difference between these 2 solutions is that with SafeGuard Mail you can cancel a user's subscription to an individual message (ebook page) but with SafeGuard WordPress, depending on the sophistication of the membership plugin, you may have to cancel the user's access to everything.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic    Reply to Topic
Jump To:
© SafeGuard Media | Contact | Privacy | Terms Go To Top Of Page